How to Get Listed on Google Maps in the Cayman Islands
So you have listed your Cayman Islands-based local business on Google My Business listing. Congratulations…! It is undeniably important to let your potential customers know you exist when they search businesses similar to yours on the web. With Google Business listing, you have created your virtual presence allowing consumers to find you online.
But that is not it!
A survey says that 50% of local-mobile searchers are looking for business information like a local address and directions on the search engines. This makes it cardinal, chiefly for the local businesses dealing one-on-one with the customers, to get listed on the Google Maps.
Google Maps forms an integral part of the Google business dashboard and gives direction to potential audience that is finding a way to reach you. Almost each of us has used Google Maps, be it on mobile or desktop, at some point in time. We may not be dependent on it, but we all understand the importance of this immensely useful tool.
Every now and then, this Google tool is updated to enhance its credibility by keeping it in synchronisation with the geographical changes, making it all the more user-friendly.
How is Google Maps Beneficial to Your Business?
When you list your business on Google Maps, the ‘Directions’ button is added to your business listing (as shown in the below example) that will appear on the right of the SERP whenever someone searches you.
Below are some of the benefits that make Google Maps listing essential for your business:
Improves Search Engine Ranking
- A study says that 97% of consumers search for local businesses online. You are likely to gain more online visibility by getting listed with Google’s tool. Thus, boosting your ranking on the search engine. There‘s no better way than to list your business on Google maps to gain visibility.
Get Found Free of Charge
- Usually, heavy charges are incurred upon the advertisement and marketing of the brand online. With Google maps, you receive high benefits and above it all for free. Isn’t this what every business owner dreams of?
- As you read above, many consumers search online for local queries. Local queries are usually location-based searches. Hence, if any consumer searches online for a business similar to yours in the nearby location, it will show your business as well in the SERP.
How to List Your Business on Google Maps?
Below is a brief and simple procedure of listing your business on Google Maps:
- Sign in to your account on a desktop computer and open Google Maps.
- Usually, people tend to create a different account for the business purpose. Make sure you are signed in to the correct Google account through which you manage your business activities. Being signed in helps Google to verify that you are the business owner.
- Zoom in the map and find your place of establishment or shop. Narrow down by searching in your city.
- When you find your exact location, right click and select ‘Add a missing place’ option.
- Add any relevant information for your business and click on 'Submit'.
Google Maps are utterly important for you and if you haven’t listed your local business on it yet, get it done right away! And make sure you add a brief yet fascinating description of your business. The description, you might think is no big thing, will represent you in front of your potential customers online.
Don’t have time for adding necessary information to your business listing? Let Netclues do it on your behalf. We have helped many businesses build a robust presence online.
Readers who read this also read
- Netclues - Another example of superb management and business understanding
- Stingray Awards 2013 - Jay Mehta from Netclues nominated for the 'Best Employee of the year'
- Jay Mehta Wins Employee of the Year Award at Cayman Islands Stingray Tourism Awards 2016
- Jay Mehta - Employee of the Year for Cayman Islands 3rd time in a row
- Jay Mehta speaks about web technology on Radio Cayman, Business Buzz